When I went into the Kundalini Teacher Training in September 2016 I knew in my heart and soul that it was something that I had to do for ME. I knew that I would learn a lot about my body, energy and the transformational science that is Kundalini. But I had no clue that it would bring such transformation to my life. On several occasions I personally witnessed matter change before my eyes, a shifting of energy that was undeniable, and healings take place within myself and others. There was a lot of crying, a lot of dancing, a lot of meditating, a lot of downloads, and a lot of transformation that happened this past year. I’ve never experienced anything like it in my life.
Here are some of the awesome and life changing takeaways that I learned and experienced
- Self Diagnosis & Holistic Remedies – Through completing a Metabolic Assessment form I was able to decipher that my blood sugar was off, which was leading to sugar cravings and unhealthy afternoon snacking. From there I found that apple cider vinegar is a natural way of dealing with sugar cravings and I now take a shot of it every morning.
- Meditation with a Purpose – I learned that there is a meditation for just about anything and everything you could imagine. Kundalini meditation is meditation with purpose. Some of my favorites were Eliminating Haunting Thoughts, Medical Meditation for Habituation which eliminates destructive habits, Kirtan Kriya is excellent for manifesting (it’s what I used to manifest my TEDx Talk in less than a two week period with NO application submitted to TEDx! Watch the talk here!), Sitalee Kriya for cooling down a heated situation as well as cooling down your body temperature, The Inner Sun immune system booster, and I know there are many more but that’s just a dabble of my favs.
- Mudras, Planets and Energy – Each finger represents a planet in our solar system (the Universe is within you) and each of these fingers when touching the thumb produce a certain effect within the body due to a shift in energy flow and reflexes to the brain. Thumb to index, Gyan Mudra, stimulates knowledge and the power to compute. Thumb to middle, Shuni Mudra, gives patience and inner peace. Thumb to ring, Surya Mudra, gives revitalizing energy, nervous system strength and the power to win. Thumb to pinky, Buddhi Mudra, opens the capacity to communicate clearly and intuitively.
- My Cool Experience with Mudras – I was training for a half marathon (Wow! Still in shock that I actually did that!) and during training my hands would naturally go into Gyan Mudra (GM) on their own. It was comfortable and felt natural so I let it be. When shifting my fingers from active (thumb on top of nail) to passive (thumb to tip of finger) my entire body would shift back and forth. For active GM my lower triangle (lower chakras) and pelvic and hip area would be more energized and active. For passive GM I would feel the energy shift to my upper triangle (heart center chakras and up) and I would start running by leading with my chest. It was pretty cool to play around with it and experience the shift in energy throughout my body.
- TEDx Talk & Manifesting Miracles – I was assigned the Kirtan Kriya for 40 days at 11 minutes. In doing the exercise I had a friend present an amazing opportunity to possibly give a TEDx talk. I was up against two other people with much more experience and didn’t think I would stand a chance. I began seeing myself on stage with the TEDx in the background and a week later I received a call confirming that I would be delivering a TEDx at Johnson and Wales University in Miami, Fl. This came to a complete surprise for me and I KNOW that Kirtan Kriya is to thank for this seamless and effortless manifestation. To top it off, I didn’t even fill out an application or talk to anyone on the phone. A few emails back and forth and I was in! Pretty freaking amazing!
- Holy Shit A Complete Career Enhancement – Last year I went part-time in a job so that I could focus more on clients, my vlog/blog, online programs as well as more time with my daughter. I was pretty miserable in my position as Account Manager for employee benefit trust funds, but it was paying the bills and supporting my dream so I hung in there. Many, many times I questioned my sanity but I began receiving the message that I was wasting precious time. I began looking for my dream support job – part-time, flexible hours, same pay or more, coaching people in a corporate environment, and creating team building activities for employees. I looked online a few times but nothing stood out. And then, out of the blue my boss approached me and said that she had a DREAM THAT I WAS: COACHING, ORGANIZING ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS AND NO LONGER IN MY ROLL AS ACCOUNT MANAGER. WHOA.. JUST WHOA with me here!! Did that really fucking happen?! It did. And now I am a part-time Corporate Coach and Employee Enrichment Coordinator for a wonderful company that supports me and my vision. Holy cow!!
- Clarity Like a MOFO – I see it. I see where Feed Her Soul is going. The website, the programs, the vlog, the partnerships and how it will help women all across the globe. It’s a long road ahead, but I see where it’s going and it’s going to be epic. It’s very exciting to know and see it in my Soul.
- Visuals Like Nobody’s Business – Two times I had extremely vivid visual experiences in my minds eye. The first one happened in my first weekend in training. During an intense meditation my mind’s eye showed me a compact mirror open up and then a girl came into the mirror and stared right at me. It was as if “I” was looking at myself through a portal. Super crazy and cool. The second set of visuals that I was gifted with were during White Tantric. During a 62 minute partner meditation I saw visions of mine and my partner’s DNA. The DNA was crusted in black (picture something that had been on fire and the black crust left behind) and the crust began to fall away. Parts of the DNA also fell away and then rejoined the DNA were newly formed links made of bright yellow light. The DNA was shifting inside of me and my partner. It was pretty fucking magical.
- The Law of Correspondence – lungs look like trees, beets are good for the blood, celery like like and are good for the bones. There are many correspondences to our human body and nature.
- The Power of Words & Frequency of Sound – this topic has been an ongoing learning for me and my Kundalini studies provided a new depth to this knowledge that I continue to embody. All of our words carry vibration and each vibration is at a specific frequency. Many mantras are chanted at a certain monotone sound for this purpose. The words cannot be translated to English because that would then change the sound of the words and therefore they would lose their effectiveness.
- It Took Me 10 Years to Talk to My Father – It’s been well over a decade since I spoke with my father. Over the Thanksgiving holiday I was visiting my hometown and in conversation with my sister we made the decision to pay a visit to my father’s sisters. It had been even longer since I saw them and the reunion was very nice. It was then that I got to learn about my father and why he became the man that he is. I had heard rumors over the years but this was everything laid out with nothing held back. A raw, honest and heartfelt conversation with his family helped me see why he truly was who he was. It was not an excuse, but I now had a new understanding. As a gift from God a shift in perception took place in my heart and I began to see him as a man with mental illness. In seeing him that way I instantly became more compassionate towards him and forgiveness filled my heart. I showed up on his front porch with pumpkin pie and whipped cream and acted like nothing had ever happened. I hugged him, kept the conversation light and updated him on my life. WOW – I can’t believe that actually went down! 10 years without speaking to a person and then boom – just like that a shift occurred.
- Emotional Childhood Release & Healing – During a 10-Bodies massage exercise as my partner deeply massaged specific pressure points on my body I began to see visions from my childhood flutter through my mind like a screen play. The visions were of my stepfather and I could see how he instilled fear in me that had been instilled in him by his parents and I instantly knew that the fear I was experiencing in my business was related to his fear. As my massage partner hit upon certain pressure points in my buttox and the backs of my legs I began to release the stored emotions of fear that were in my body that had been put there when he would lash out on me with a belt. In front of the entire classroom I wailed and cried so hard that I had to cover my face out of embarrassment. My body convulsed as the energy released and there was nothing I could do to stop it. The next day I felt like a new woman and could feel the difference energetically in my body.